Thursday, 6 January 2011

Spanner, meet Works

Just a short post to say that since getting into a working frame of mind with regard to The Monochrome Landscape, my computer has now decided to chuck a mental :( At first it was thought to be a power supply problem, as it was a bit like trying to start a car with a flat battery, but it appears that the motherboard is knackered. A new power supply was fitted but the computer still refuses to start, so I'm just waiting on a price for a new motherboard, processor and memory to be added to the bits that aren't kaput. As that will be cheaper than buying a new computer I think that's definitely the way to go. It also means that I won't have to fork out for new versions of the programs that I use regularly as I can stick with Vista (hooray for small mercies). Until then I'm going to try and catch up on things via my slow, old, laptop. Fingers crossed my regular computer will be working again sooner rather than later though!

Comments off for this post