Wednesday, 26 January 2011

It Lives!

My computer that is, not the result of some crazy Dr Frankenstein experiment :D I'm far too squeamish for squishy experiments. Dear old Fred is up and running again, so with any luck I can get back into TML mode over the weekend. I need to have a proper look to see where I should be with regard to the 2YN assignments, but instead of trying to catch up quickly with too many of them I think it's probably better to get on with the writing.

Gerry (my laptop) tried his best to keep everything going, but he started to hate the internet and I started swearing at him, so it was pretty much a case of giving up on most things until Fred came back. It's good to know that I have a spare if anything drastic happens though; just have to accept that thing will be about a thousand times slower (a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my drift).

Onwards and upwards!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know a) you're back to being as wired as the rest of us and b) I'm not the only one who names my computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm getting there! It helps that the weather is meant to get cold again over the weekend, so that should be useful for ramping up the inspiration as far as writing about truck loads of snow is concerned (that's about the only advantage of cold weather....)

    I think that there are probably quite a few people who name their computers, but they're shy about admitting to it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! All comments will be moderated before showing up on the page.