....sort of. Now that NaNo has finished until next year I'm getting ready to continue with The Monochrome Landscape, and thanks to the amount of snow we've had I'm not short of inspiration. We were even cut off for a few days, which was fun as usual. Not. Anyway, I'm going to read through the chapters that I've already written in order to jog my memory, and will start working my way back into things next week (I'll be away from Friday to Monday and won't have computer access).
In my last post I said that I'd post a few links to possible sources of inspiration, so without further ado here they are. First of all we have three picture archives, the third of which is absolutely perfect for those among us who enjoy trying to scare the lives out of our characters:
Mary Evans Picture Library
Bridgeman Art Library
The Marsden Archive
The final two links were invaluable for my NaNo research this year. Anyone who's writing an historical novel, and needs to ensure that their dates are accurate, should find that the first is just what they need. The second was used in conjunction (no pun intended) with the first so that my werewolves transformed when the moon really was full, rather than being too early or too late:
Perpetual Calendar
Six Millennium Catalog of Phases of the Moon (NASA)
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! All comments will be moderated before showing up on the page.