It's another new writing year and I started at around 11 am on 1st January by submitting a synopsis and the first few chapters of one of my novels to the 2024 Discoveries programme Since early December I'd been trying to choose between The Monochrome Landscape (the 2YN course mystery novel that I'd started way back in 2010), my crime novel set in the year 1500, and my horror novel set in ancient and present-day Egypt. Not surprisingly I opted for the horror novel and, after a few quick read-throughs to check for typos, I sent it on its merry way. Since then I've been trying to decide on which element to work with for an entry in this year's National Flash Fiction Day Anthology - I still haven't made up my mind - as well as tweaking another piece of flash fiction. I've also signed up for Couch to 5K Words with Writers' HQ, and hope to re-start the Plotstormers course during the next few months. Other than that I'll just see how things go, as the plans I'd made for last year didn't exactly pan out. I did manage to plant a lot of bulbs in the garden between the beginning of September and the end of December though!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! All comments will be moderated before showing up on the page.