Thursday, 23 January 2020

Well I Never!

After ten years, give or take a few months, I've finally made a start on continuing with The Monochrome Landscape. Having originally begun this project as my novel for the 2YN course at the Forward Motion site, and then having to put it on the back burner for a variety of reasons, I've decided to have another crack at it. It's always been at the back of my mind, but the push for trying to give it another chance came from the Two Month Challenge starting again at Forward Motion. For January and February I've pledged to attempt four chapters of at least a thousand words each, as I think it's best to work my way back into it gradually. I didn't get started quite as early as I'd intended thanks to having to upgrade to Windows 10, and I've had to finish a chapter that I was about half of the way through when I originally worked on TML, but that chapter is now finished and I can start afresh with the next chapter. I now have to write at least 4000 words in about a month, so my mindset going into the project was, and will remain, if I can manage at least 50K in a month for NaNoWriMo, I can do this. After all, I've still got my original notes and plans for all of the chapters, so I just need to get on with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! All comments will be moderated before showing up on the page.